Thursday, February 14, 2013

My "book for fun every 2 months" recap.

Here are some great quotes I have taken from just ONE of my yearly reads:

"No matter how impossible it all may seem...Never underestimate the power of a dream."
-Author unknown

"Ninety-nine percent of failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses."
-George Washington Carver

"When a winner fails, he trains harder while a loser blames others."
-Wayne Bennett

"If you want to be mentally tough,...follow your beliefs and don't give in to yourself!"
-Steve Waugh

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."
-Will Durant

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly!"
-Robert F Kennedy

"The more things you think about the slower you react."
-Hick's Law

"Whether you think that you can or that you can't, you are usually right."
-Henry Ford

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."
-John Wooden

"You are only as good as the decision you make."
-Author Unknown

I hope you'll enjoy these and want to read the book:
The Fearless Mind, Craig Manning PhD

5 comments:

  1. there are a lot of motivational books and info available out there, and I will agree that excellence in any form is not an accident, it is a lot of hard work, dedication and commitment. Another great read is a book called "in search of excellence" by Tom Peters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good quotes. I too like the concept that excellence doesn't just happen, but is the result of hard work...true in all aspects of life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those quotes...very motivatonal!!! thanks for sharing. We need to remind ourselves why we are doing this often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite quote "Do not let what you cannot do, interfere with what you can do" Something I need to remember and I say often to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great quotes. I still love "No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."

    ReplyDelete