Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Stay Focused

So you made your January New Year's goals (if you haven't do so!)...
It has been a month since you've made them, have you tested yourself to see if you've made progress?

What will you do to check in? Was it a goal of your's to lose body fat? Measure your body fat then. 

Did you set a personal goal to spend more time with your family? Then plan a regular family night and stick to it! What will you do this Friday?

Did you make a goal to connect with  more people to enhance your business/work? How many do you need to contact before Friday afternoon? 

Stay focused. A great author Craig Manning, PhD, wrote a book about staying focused on your task at hand; The Fearless Mind. He uses his experience with high level tennis players (we all know how independent this sport is). Time and time again he has seen athletes who are in the best shape of their lives and willing to give everything during a match including "diving and scraping their knees," fail. They lost their concentration as outside obstacles changed their path. As the opponent changed the game they did not stay focused on the task and lost and eventually gave up. 

Remember this in your own lives. Things will change and put you on another path every day. Don't let this change your results. 
#1 realize that you may not have direct control over an outcome.
#2 don't waste your time and energy fighting this. Move on! Remember the task at hand and redirect your focus. 

You can do this by writing down your 3 most important goals every day. Plan how you will attack them. Who do you need to be in contact with? What do you need to do first thing in the morning? What must you do to follow up and make sure the task is completed? 

Be sure to know this information when you start, when something gets in your way and before you are done your day. 

Prepare, plan and follow through!!  

7 comments:

  1. D,great article and very timely for me. I've been struggling both physically and mentally this week and this reminds me to step back and reevalute why I do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it's easy to loose focus, I have lots of different things pulling at me from all directions and I get off track. I like writing down goals and looking at them daily, it helps me to remain focused when I do and what I need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! Very true. I struggle with writing down goals everyday, but it definitely helps keep you on track. Even if I don't make a certain goal for that day, it's a reminder of what I need to accomplish. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need to stay focused this weekend, be safe and get a workout in! Any ideas for a blizzard workout? and I dont mean shoveling! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent article for all aspects of life. Keeping balance is so hard at times that's why having goals and a today list each day is so important. Need to categorize into home-business-pleasure. It's all about balance!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great article...talk about needing that now!! I am struggling this week. I need to reevaluate what I am doing! I am dealing with some physical limitations and my first thought is to give up. I have to set new goals and follow through with them. Today is a new day and I need to take charge and just do it!!!!
    Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. one that I try to live by daily
    “Life is short, Break the Rules.
    Forgive quickly, Kiss SLOWLY.
    Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably
    And never regret ANYTHING
    That makes you smile.”
    Mark Twain

    ReplyDelete